OASIS is constantly evolving. Everything from the interior to the rules of the use are under change.
Occasionally the space is occupied by playful experiments. Some of the changes are based on the user feedback, some are research oriented.
The changelog according to the seasons:
Season #7 (Spring 2017)
- #MurMur Blocks experiment
- Monthly game days
Season #6 (Autumn 2016)
- #LegoTable experiment
- Library Days Mon 13-15, librarian present
- Game Days Thu 15-18, sometimes a theme for games
- Bookable spots Mon-We 15-18
- OASIS Events booked from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yellow side tables
- #OasisRealms experiment
- #Bookcrossing #oasisutafi experiment
- Bookable spots Mon-Thu 15-18
- OASIS Events & Talks Mon-Fri
- Gamelab Library hours Mon 13-15, librarian present on the spot
- Bright light treatment spots
Season #4 (Autumn 2015)
- #PalaveriPalju experiment.
- #OASISKnit experiment.
- Bookable days on Mondays and Tuesdays (instead of game days and book days).
- Booking system is introduced.
- Workstations get sofas.
- Monthly game days (instead of weekly game days).
- Key Masters’ phone line is introduced.
- Multi-touch table (SUR40) leaves the space.
- Martela showpiece: Niiu.
Season #3 (Spring 2015)
- The floor area is occupied by sofa chairs.
- Workstations get bean bags.
- Game days are switched to Mondays.
- Book days are switched to Tuesdays. (no more silent hours)
- Martela showpiece: Movie.
- “There are no rules” dice box art installation by Kati Heljakka
- Martela showpieces: mPosition (Profim) & Niiu.
Season #1 (Spring 2014)